Have Questions?? … We have answers!

How do I contact the HOA regarding questions that I have?

All questions regarding the HOA should be directed to Foster Management.  The Manager assigned to the community is Marcy Nicholas, and can be reached via email at [email protected] or via telephone at (720) 699-9032.

What is a Homeowners Association?

A homeowner’s association or HOA is a non-profit corporation registered with the State of Colorado. The purpose of an HOA is to maintain all common areas and to govern the community association in accordance with the provision of the legal documents: CC&R’s, Bylaws, Policies and Rules & Regulations. The corporation is financially supported by all homeowners/members within the homeowner’s association (HOA).  Members of the Association can review the governing documents on the website portal.

Who makes the decisions for the HOA?

The Board of Directors are elected or put into place as per the Bylaws for the Association to make the business decisions of the Association.  The restrictions or limitations of the Board is outlined within the governing documents.

How can I learn more about the Association?

Attend the Board Meetings, the Annual Membership Meetings and/or review the governing documents for your community.  Board meetings are open to members, with an Open Forum at the beginning of each meeting for owners to address concerns directly to the Board Members.  All homeowners and residents of the community are encouraged to review these documents to ensure compliance of the regulations.  Reviewing the documents will also provide clarification as to perceived rules versus stated rules.

Can I have a fire or fire pit in the greenbelt?

Absolutely no fires of any kind including propane tanks with fire pits are allowed in any of the greenbelt area at any time.

Do I need permission from the HOA if I want to change the paint color of my house?

No; however, the Board requests that you select a color that is conducive to the landscape such as earth tones.

How many outbuildings can I have on my property?

Two outbuildings are permitted in addition to your home (NOT as a second residence).  All buildings and property improvements must be approved the Architectural Review Committee.  There is a request/approval form located on the Website.  Once the form is completed  you may upload via the website or send directly to Foster Management ([email protected]).  Commencement on your project should not proceed until you have received approval from the Architectural Review Committee/two of its members.  Elbert County permits/building requirements need to be followed by the homeowner making the request.

How many horses am I allowed to have on my property?

Two horses are permitted on each property.

Can I have goats, llamas or chickens?

Pursuant to the Covenants of Western Country Ranches (which are also located on the WCR HOA website under Accounting Documents), Section 4, page 13, paragraphs (3) and (4) – pigs, goats and stallions are expressly prohibited . .. . other animals will be allowed only with the approval of the WCR HOA Board.  Section 4, paragraph (a) states household pets will be allowed.  However, no more than two of any kind of animal will be allowed without approval of the WCR HOA Board.  The WCR HOA Board can be contacted through Foster Management or by e-mail to [email protected]  regarding a request which will be placed on the agenda for a future WCR HOA Board meeting to review the request.

Are homeowners permitted to attended WCR HOA Board meetings?

Yes.  All homeowners are encouraged to attend WCR HOA Board meetings and the annual meeting that takes place once a year.  Meetings are posted at the mailbox and sent via e-mail to members registered on the website.  WCR HOA Board meetings are held quarterly.

What can the WCR HOA Board do about issues with the roads and speeding cars in the neighborhood?

The roads in the neighborhood are maintained by Elbert County.  If you have complaints, you are encouraged to contact Elbert County Road and Bridge.  If you have a concern about speeding cars in the neighborhood, please contact the Elbert County Sheriff’s Department.

My neighbor rides their motorcycles and quads around their property, and I do not like the noise. What can the WCR HOA Board do?

Homeowners ARE allowed to use motorcycles, quads and go-carts on their property; however, we ask you be considerate as use of these vehicles can damage field grass, create dust and cause noise that can be offensive to other homeowners.  The Board encourages you to talk to your neighbors about concerns.  If you see motorcycles, mini-bikes, quads or go-carts on the roads in the neighborhood you should contact the Elbert County Sheriff’s Department as unlicensed motorcycles, quads and go-carts are prohibited on roads.